Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Interrupt This Blog to Bring You...

Hey you. Yeah, you. You there. The one sitting in front of the computer reading this blog. You know what you should be doing right now? You should be checking out an awesome band called Of Course Not. Yep, that's definitely what you should be doing right now. Never heard of them? They're a "local" band (they're based out of Joplin, MO, which is about 60-ish miles from where I live) but I do believe they are destined for great things soon.

Why do I think this? Is it because I'm friends with one of the members? Well, yeah, of course I'm going to be a little biased, but that is not necessarily the case. Is it because they just released their very first album Friday? Definitely yes. "Pushing Pencils" is the name of their album, and you should check it out. You won't be disappointed. From the a capella intro "The Moon" to the closing track "Stranded", it is definitely a gem worth playing over and over again. However, the main reason I say they are destined for great things is because Luke, Torey, Chris and Craig are all incredibly talented and have a style that is fun and very difficult to NOT want to rock out to. In fact, I went to their album release party last night, and their live show is equally fun! They have awesome stage presence and really get the crowd going with their energy.

So where can you get in on this? You can check them out by listening to the entirety of "Pushing Pencils" here. Do eet. You know you want to. You won't regret it. Just click the link! :)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog reading. :)

(Don't forget: Of Course Not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment